CEVRO:d90432 Civil Society and the Public S - Course Information
d90432 Civil Society and the Public Sphere in the EUCEVRO Institute
- Extent and Intensity
- 24/0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. PhDr. Karel Müller, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Karel Müller, Ph.D.
- Wed 14:00–15:20 Učebna 217/B
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- The main objective of the course is to acquaint students with the similarities and differences of contemporary European civil societies and to examine the role of cultural, social and political factors in the processes of European public sphere formation within the process of European integration. In the first part stress will be laid on the description and interpretation of presently existing varieties of European civil societies. The course will help the students to understand the main historical roots of European plurality, i.e. the political, economic and cultural processes that engendered this plurality. In the second part the pivotal theoretical concepts of civil society and public sphere will be discussed and applied to a transnational (European) level. The role of civil societies´ plurality in relation to the quest for a European civil society and European public sphere will be explored and examined.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials